Here is a list of items we recommend bringing with you to a Dystopia Rising event. The lists are not comprehensive but are intended to be a good place to start planning. You are the best person to judge what you will need to see to your own comfort and needs. Please consider what additional items you might need to take care of yourself and set the scene for your personal space.
For Us - the Team
- Signed Release Form
- Game Fee (cash or card)
- Toothpaste, Toothbrush & Dental Floss
- Shampoo and/or Conditioner
- Sun Screen (!)
- Bug Repellent
- Medications (prescription and/or over the counter for allergies/muscle aches)
- Towel & shower shoes (flip-flops or the like)
- NPC Clothes (black or dark)
- Please be mindful of our typically hot and humid climate and balance it with the activities expected of our NPCs. If you have concerns please reach out to us at DystopiaRising.Arkansas@gmail.com.
- Low strength red-light flashlight
- Hiking safe drinking vessel, plates and cutlery
- Change of clothes in case of a weather change (typical for Arkansas)
- Packets/Foam Darts and/or Contact safe weapons as needed
- Sleeping Bag/Blankets
- Glowsticks to mark lines if you are tenting
Make sure your costume is safe for more than just running, jumping, crashing through the woods, slipping in mud and swinging combat-safe weapons. It also needs to be rugged and cheap. There is no doubt that at some point during a Dystopia Rising event you could end up with fake blood on you and your clothing. Do not bring or wear anything to Dystopia Rising that you would be heartbroken to find damaged, stained, or destroyed.
Sometimes zombie faux blood splatters make a costume cooler, since now it has a history to it; however, if your costume is something you don't want stained, then don't bring it. Dystopia Rising is not responsible for the safety of your property if it is broken or stolen. Lastly, bringing expensive, delicate, or meaningful items is a recipe for disaster.
Links can be found below for blogs, pinterest boards, videos or any other type of instructional for helping you make your costume as rad as you want. (Rad as in awesome, not radioactive.)
o Why is the Apocalypse so damn dirty? - Erick Wiggs